Taranaki Rugby Football Union is seeking applications for the full-time (40 hours per week) role of Communications and Fan Engagement Officer. This role involves weekend and evening work.
This role will work with the Commercial Manager across all aspects of Taranaki Rugby’s business with particular emphasis on media communications (all social platforms and press), developing and implementing strategies to engage and grow the number and passion level of our fans.
In conjunction with the Commercial Manager you will design and implement the fan acquisition and development strategies across different market categories including youth, women, young adults and families. As Fan Engagement Officer it will be your role to deliver a fan engagement plan that ensures that KPI’s are met, we are a fan focused organisation and that we endeavour to put our fans at the centre of everything we do as an organisation.
The role also involves providing event support and managing the ticketing and membership process. Along with all other TRFU staff the role also directly contributes to the promotion and development of the game of rugby.
Key skills and attributes we are looking for:
• Experience of producing communications via social media and press releases
• Passionate work ethic with previous experience in or knowledge of design software, video editing and social media platforms
• Previous experience in a marketing role or a tertiary marketing qualification is essential
• Previous experience working at events or tournaments is desirable
• Excellent computer skills with ability and experience in a variety of software applications e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook
• An interest in the game of rugby is desirable
This role will be based at Taranaki Rugby Football Union offices at Sport Taranaki. Only applicants with a NZ Work Visa should apply. TRFU application form is available at www.trfu.co.nz
Growing Rugby, Developing People, Inspiring Taranaki
Integrity – Whanake – Unity – Passion
Submit your confidential covering letter, completed application form and CV to:
People, Culture and Professional Development Manager
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – end of business on 2nd March 2018