The Taranaki International Rugby Academy is highly versatile and individually tailored to meet your needs and requirements. It is designed to provide a holistic approach to rugby development and build all the core functions you will need to succeed in rugby.
The programme has been created around the six pillars of player development:
- Mental Skills
Specifically, the Programme Includes:
- Personalised positional training
- Tactical awareness development through analysis and one-to-one coaching
- Strength, conditioning and fitness training
- Unit skills – Tight Five, Loose Forwards, Inside Backs, Outside Backs
- Specialist attack coaching and related skills
- Specialist defence coaching and related skills
- Individual skill programmes
- Contact area techniques and related skills
- Mental skills with a performance focus
- Performance nutrition advice and general dietary habits education
- RIPNZ Rugby Playing and Training Kit
- RIPNZ Rugby Course Completion Certificate
- Live rugby games (Taranaki provincial club rugby season is from March to July).
The Taranaki International Rugby Academy will allow you to be immersed in the community and club atmosphere that has produced some of New Zealand’s greatest rugby players, several of which you may get to meet and know.
Your experience will also include some of the great sight-seeing adventures available throughout the region. These may include anything from skiing and hiking on Mount Taranaki, fishing and surfing through to a relaxing spa in thermal water thousands of years old.
All this within one hour’s drive of your base in New Plymouth which was voted “Best little city in the World, 2008.”
The Advantages of Participating in the Taranaki International Rugby Academy Programme
- Designed specifically for your requirements
- Holistic rugby development experience – Not just the “how” but the “why”
- World class coaching and training experience from former New Zealand Representative Rugby coaches and support, Super Rugby coaches and former All Blacks
- World class facilities at Yarrow Stadium, dedicated rugby gym, and all the facilities needed to develop successful rugby players and coaches
- Taranaki is world renowned as a place to visit and see
- An individual rugby immersion programme lasting between two and 16 weeks depending on your requirements and preferences
- The Taranaki Rugby International Academy is the opportunity to train alongside the Taranaki Academy rugby players and on occasion players from the New Zealand National Provincial Championship (Mitre 10 Cup), Super Rugby and even All Blacks.